ISA Training Programs Are Restricted, All Students Must Meet The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Requirements For Attendance.
This policy ensures graduates can earn the certifications, accreditation or credentials these programs offer. Waivers may be available for students not seeking official recognition for training. For more information visit the DCJS web site or contact us for additional information.
1. Be a minimum of 18 years of age
2. Be a United States citizen or legal resident alien of the United States. Documents accepted to verify legal presence can be found here
3. Foreign students must have an approved student visa
4. Must be able to speak and understand English, (Waiver for foreign students with notice)
5. Must be able to read and write at least at a 12th-grade level
Criminal History Instructions
1. Criminal History Supplemental Form This form must be submitted if you have ever been convicted or found guilty of a felony or misdemeanor (not to include minor traffic violations) in Virginia or any other jurisdiction to include military court-martial or currently under protective orders
2. Visit the DCJS Criminal History Page for more information
1. All students need to be in acceptable physical condition for training and will be required to sign a medial statement or release
2. Able to stand and walk unassisted
3. Able to enter and exit a vehicle without assistance
4. Able to climb and descend stairs without assistance
5. Correctable vision to drive IAW state law or regulations
6. No neurological or other physical conditions that cause uncontrolled sleep, fatigue or disorientation