Independent Security Advisors on behalf of our client is seeking a Facilities and Security Manager in Columbia South Carolina.
|Job Title:||Director of Facilities and Security|
|Department:||SSG Overhead – Facilities|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Human Resources|
|Direct reports:||Custodians, Custodial Team Lead, Maintenance Assistant, Senior Custodian, Administrative Assistant, Receptionist|
|Employment Status:||Full time|
|POSITION SUMMARY https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/170116|
|The Director of Facilities and Security provides functional, technical, and process leadership in the area of campus and organizational physical security of Seibel’s people and property. The Director ensures all building and property environments are a clean, safe, secure, reliable and productive environment for our team members.|
|· Responsible for daily operations of the Facilities and Security Department
· Develop and enforce security procedures and regulations; identifies and recommends surveillance and related security equipment, fixtures, facilities, and systems.
· Coordinate with the Facilities Superintendent to prioritize and assign daily tasks for our facilities team members and vendors.
· Creates and maintains a facilities project calendar and manages the execution of the work accordingly.
· Direct and oversee vendor performance of special projects and scheduled preventative maintenance. Create a scorecard to evaluate vendor performance.
· Assist in the management of expenses and capital spending from the planning stages to analyzing actual costs to plans and forecasts.
· In collaboration with the Vendor Manager, research, analyze and select cost-effective vendors to work on facilities related maintenance and repairs.
· Coordinate with the Facilities Superintendent on moves and reconfiguration requests.
· Oversee maintenance service request activities to assure they are addressed in an efficient, cost-effective, and timely manner.
· In collaboration with the Facilities Superintendent, proactively maintain the building and grounds to ensure best in class facilities. Provide insight and recommendations for
· Develop property audit and establish inspection procedures to ensure compliance.
· Coordinate activities and communications between outside contractors and service vendors with company executives and the building owner.
· Responsible for building and premises improvements, maintenance, and repairs.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for building alarm and access control systems.
· Analyze cost control evaluation, inventory management, and work order trends, and make appropriate recommendations.
· Effectively demonstrate the ability to lead team members to meet Company objectives.
· Create collaborative culture among the team so that all are working to ensure safety and security for all team members as well as a best in class facility.
|· Act in accordance with and be an advocate for Seibel’s Core Values (Respect, Collaboration, Accountability, and Transparency).
· Relieves Security/Receptionist on occasion for short periods of time.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
|· Ability to understand and carry out written and oral directions.
· Ability and willingness to work individually or in a team setting.
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with all employees, contractors, and tenants.
|· Ability to effectively manage projects to successful completion.
· Ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to solve problems by making timely and sound decisions.
· Maintains a high level of confidentiality in sensitive situations.
|· Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ experience in facilities, property management, maintenance, and security.
· Advanced knowledge of facilities policies and procedures
· Advanced knowledge of security systems and security protocols.
· Able to identify workplace hazards and risk to develop solutions.
· Solid working knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations related to business needs.
· Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft applications, particularly Word and Excel.
· Prior supervisory experience.
|WORK CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT|
|· Availability to work during off-hours and weekends as required.
· Work is generally confined to a standard office environment; however, it may include work outdoors from time to time.
· Ability to spend approximately 60% of the time standing, kneeling, walking and/or bending and 40% of the time sitting.
· Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, stretch, and lift, push or pull up to 75 lbs.
· Ability to climb and balance at elevated levels on items such as step ladders.
· Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communications as well as through automated devices such as the telephone.
· Constant use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of hand tools, power tools, machinery, and automated office equipment.
· Visual capacity to see at a distance and to see details at close range.
To Apply: Visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/170116
ISA will conduct pre-screenings of resumes on request to ensure the right candidate is selected for this position.
Related Military Assignments: Garrison Command Staff, Installation or Building Infrastructure Managers and Directors, Physical Security Managers (Not all-inclusive)